Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Brew Review with Andy Roo - #1 Magic Hat "Demo"

Got my best friend Andy to do a few beer reviews as part of my (our) blog and I am so stoked to finally put this up its something that you will be seeing alot more often on here at least once a month. 
looks tasty!
Magic Hat Demo (I.P.A on Tour) – Spring Seasonal

      The first thing I noticed about this beer, from the always-exciting Magic Hat brewery in Vermont, is the clever labeling. The label is designed to look like a 45-rpm record from “Magic Hat Band,” to correlate with the name. Unfortunately, in this digital age the life of the record is rarely seen, so this throwback is plus.
The beer itself is an India Pale Ale, yet unlike any IPA I have ever had because it is black. It forms a nice head when poured, which is always a plus… who doesn’t like good head? I find it hard calling it a pale ale though, because it lacks the hoppy characteristics of an IPA, and it goes down smooth like a nice, dark stout. Overall, I really enjoy this beer, and will undoubtedly enjoy it again through the winter as its 6% abv content gives you the warm, and fuzzy. This beer may be hard to locate in some regions though, because it is in fact a spring release, and according to my local resource it came in earlier than expected. If you can find it, buy it… and of course bottoms up! Cheers!
Cheers bunk!!

2 comments:

  1. omg the pic of andy drinking is hilarious, where'd you find this guy?!

    ha ha just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Radical! Ha, who is that guy smooching the bottle?

    Now I am thirsty, think I will have a beer... and in start driving south in about 8 hours!!!

    ReplyDelete